Thursday, October 19, 2017

Paranormal Activity Witnessed at a Native American Grave in North Carolina

Paranormal Activity Witnessed at a Native American Grave in North Carolina

Testimony by Baron von Graffenreid. His description, recorded in The Colonial Records of North Carolina, 1886
    “After the tomb was covered, I noticed something which passes imagination, and which I should not believe, had I not seen it with my own eyes. From the tomb arose a little flaming fire, like a big candle-light, which went up straight in the air, and noiselessly, went straight over the cabin of the deceased widow, and thence further across a big swamp above 1 mile broad, until it finally vanished from sight in the woods. At that sight, I have a way to my surprise and asked what it meant, but the Indians laughed at me as if I ought to have known that this was no rarity among them. They refused, however, to tell me what it was. All that I could ascertain was that they thought a great deal of it, that this light is a favorable omen, which makes them think the deceased a happy soul, but they deem it a most unpropitious sign when a black smoke ascends from the tomb. This flying flame, yet, could not be artificial, on account of the great distance; it could be some physical phenomenon, like sulfurous vapors, but this great uniformity in its appearance surpasses nature 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabrics from Cave Burials in Kentucky and Tennessee

  Fabrics from Cave Burials in Kentucky and Tennessee Fabric from a cave burial in Kentucky At an early date in the history of the country r...